- AFPA does not have an approval process for post graduate lectures or workshops.
- Members are expected to use their own judgement. Attending any relevant lecture or workshop can earn the following -
CATEGORY A- 2 CPD Credits - per day or activity
- Attending or presenting an approved seminar / workshop / or online courses (1/2 credit per hour) in the field of Acupuncture/TCM Engaging in any Acupuncture /TCM research
- Engaging in any approved Acupuncture/ TCM post graduate study
- Engaging in peer group case or clinical discussion and submitting details to the Education committee.
- Completion of First Aid CPR course/refresher course
- Publishing, contributing or reviewing articles in any Acupuncture /TCM Health Publication
- Undertaking an approved clinic / practice self audit, and submitting a written copy outlining details to the Education committee
CATEGORY B - 1 CPD Credit - per day or activity - Non TCM but relevant to your practice
- Attending / presenting another healthcare seminar/ workshop/ online course (1/4 credit per hour) in a non Acupuncture/ TCM discipline that may enhance practitioners clinic/ practice and that the AFPA have been informed about
- Engaging in non Acupuncture / TCM research or postgraduate study that will enhance the practitioner practice - eg - business course
- Language Skills – learning a new language if used in relation to the practice of Acupuncture / TCM
- Reviewing articles from Health and Medical journals